Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Introducing the SolaMeanie

My name is Joel, but on line I am known as SolaMeanie. Welcome to my blog - The Seventh Sola. Sounds like a movie title, doesn't it? Not quite.

If you are familiar with the Protestant Reformation, you'll know what the five Solas are. Sola Gratia, Sola Fide, Sola Scriptura, Solus Christus and Soli Deo Gloria. Where's the sixth? There isn't one. I didn't want to use the Sixth Sola as the number six has all sorts of nasty allusions to it. Seven, however, is the number of completion and can symbolize the Lord's perfection. So in honor of Him, I have titled this blog accordingly.

I was formerly on another blog site very briefly, but I didn't like it too much. Various reasons. I think it was really more a site intended as a glorified chat room instead of a blog. I like it here much better.

I will comment quite a bit on theology and trends in the Christian world as I post on The Seventh Sola. I will also be looking at a number of geopolitical and cultural issues through the prism of a Christian worldview. I look forward to the discussion.

Oh, before I forget. Where did "SolaMeanie" come from? Well, a friend at another message board gave me that name when I was teasing him rather unmercifully. I immediately thought of the "Blue Meanies" from Yellow Submarine and nearly laughed myself sick. I liked it and I kept it.

That's all for now. Look for other posts soon. And again, welcome!

2 comments:

Joe B. Whitchurch said...

Joel, glad to see you on blogspot. I'm here too. Glad you explained the solameanie and the seventh sola. Honestly I was dying of curiosity and had to scroll to the end to find it. But it was worth the wait.

SolaMeanie said...

Yeah, I wish the order was reversed on these posts but I don't know how to do that..or even if it is possible.

What do you think of my Seventh Sola? I can well imagine my fellow Reformed believers having an initial shock and being worried that I was adding to the sacred list, :)