Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A brief, humorous diversion...

This past week, I had the dubious honor of battling yet another kidney stone - a malady I have suffered for 26 years. Well, I finally passed the latest villain yesterday. I have decided to follow the course laid before me by the National Weather Service. I will now name my stones as they name hurricanes.

The first stone of the 2006 stone season has been named Audrey. She passed into oblivion yesterday afternoon after encountering large doses of water and at least two doses of Vicodin. The next named stone will be Bertrand, in honor of the late atheist Bertrand Russell, who is now a Trinitarian. I hope I will not have to use the Greek alphabet at the end of the year.

BTW..Audrey was a Category 3 in intensity.

This too shall pass.....

5 comments:

crownring said...

Good grief, Sola! Please be kind enough to never name one of your kidney stones after me! I know I can be a regular thorn in the side, but I object to being considered a kidney stone!

All kidding aside, I'm very glad to hear Audrey has passed. :)

SolaMeanie said...

Never fail...lol. I have never heard of a Hurricane Crownring or even Stone Crownring. Oh, never mind..I know what you meant.

Yes, Audrey has passed, but she is remembered. (I wish blogger had emoticons).

Cindy said...

My dad used to tell the story of an old preacher whose favorite Bible verse was "And it came to pass..."

Trials don't come to stay; they come to pass. And so shall your kidney stones. (Hope there won't be a "Cindy" among 'em...) :)

SolaMeanie said...

No, there will be no stones named after friends. That would be something, wouldn't it? I think there was a Hurricane Cindy once.

I am thinking of outlandish names in future..such as Stone Lucretia or Stone Herkimer.

crownring said...

Stoned again........

News of the bizarre.... William Shatner just sold a kidney stone for $25,000 and donated the proceeds to charity.

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/tv/article.adp?id=20060117173509990005&ncid=NWS00010000000001

Now you need to become famous, so you can do the same, Sola!