Friday, January 13, 2006


Stark Beauty

I love the outdoors in fall. Fall is my favorite time of the year. This was taken at Starved Rock State Park in Illinois this past fall. I tend to find beauty overlooked by many who catch the usual sunrises, sunsets, flowers, mountains etc. While I think those are lovely also, scenes such as this (the rocks, not me) are beautiful in their very starkness. When one thinks of Illinois, cornfields pop into most minds. Yet, this little arid scene can be found right next to the Illinois River. Amazing, isn't it?

Don't worry..I'll get back to theology in time. Actually, there's quite a bit of theology in this photo if one cares to look.

8 comments:

Sigurd said...

Heyyyy i took that picture..mmmhmmm yup. tat place was awesome. i would say that, that place is a really cool place to go and just look around. it's amazing and you can really see God in nature there.... but yeah, i took this picture lol...


Caleb

crownring said...

Hey, Caleb! Nice to meet another rock hound!

Rock on, Sola! ;)

SolaMeanie said...

Yeah..alright already..I'll give credit where credit is due. Obviously I can't take a photo of myself..and since I hate being photographed normally, I wouldn't.

Well, I guess it IS possible with an automated camera, but I'm too much of a cheapskate to spend the money.

crownring, I didn't know you were a rockhound.

Vicki Sullivan said...

thanks for theologically standing upon The Rock of Ages! I've only recently had to consider the dangers approaching in such a movement. I agree with the stated position here_the EC is doing a lot of damage because of the 8 problems your blog outlined.

SolaMeanie said...

Thanks, Vicki..

Glad to have you as one of my blog readers. As you'll see from a post I made this morning, I am encouraged as some seem to be waking up as to the implications of the EC's theology.

crownring said...

Well, I can't say I'm a classic rockhound, Sola, but I've an interest. When my maternal grandfather died, he left behind quite a collection of rocks, including some chunks of Amethyst, a couple raw geods, some white coral, and bits of this and that. No one else wanted the stuff, so it became my defacto inheritance. I got a Girl Scout badge out of it too.

BTW, did you see my new reply on your kidney stone post? ;)

SolaMeanie said...

Yes, I did see it and replied. Another lady friend of mine was a bit worried about that, too! I will try to find exotic names if possible.

Outdoor Electronics said...

Hello,
I was out blogging and ran across your blog. From what little time I got to spend on your blog, everything looks good. I will return for future visits.

Best Regards,
http://www.butleroutdoorstore.com