Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Clintons Abuse Scripture..Again!!

I'll never forget it. Watching Bill Clinton at the Democratic Convention some years ago quoting the Apostle Paul..."Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, nor hath it entered into the heart of man what we can build together..."

Huh? What version of Scripture is that out of? The New World Mistranslation of the Jehovah's Witnesses? I knew then that we'd be in for a bumpy ride. Yet how many gullible people swallowed that miscue as if it were Gospel?

Today, Hillary's at it. A very transparent (and I'd say contemptible) attempt at appearing more spiritual than the Republicans (these days not hard to do). She said the Good Samaritan, and even the Lord Jesus Himself, would be victimized by the proposed new immigration bill. Hoo boy.

First, the Good Samaritan dealt with a societal outcast (a Samaritan - the Jews couldn't stand them) being beaten up on the side of the road. Yes, he was from Samaria but his immigration status had nothing to do with the point of the parable. And need I say it..(yeah, I guess I do need to say it)...Jesus was not an illegal immigrant in Israel.

A classic attempt at twisting Scripture for political ends. Note to the Clintons and to any other politician of either party. If you're going to mess with the Bible, mess with it accurately. You'll be held accountable by its Author if you don't. Big time.

2 comments:

crownring said...

I don't think we'll need to worry about the Clintons too much in the future, Sola. The news is that Bill and Hillary were/are at odds, if not at each other's throats over the Dubai ports deal. Apparently Bill was working behind to scenes to smooth the way for the ports takeover, while Hillary made very clear her objections to the proposed deal. Apparently Hillary told Bill to shut his yap and rumor has it things got ugly from there. [/eek]

Anyway, Hillary may be trying to make herself look a part of the Christian mainstream, but I doubt it'll work. A lot of U.S. voters thought Jimmy Carter was just the religious man we needed in the White House and we all know what a cruel joke THAT turned out to be. As the old saying goes......"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

SolaMeanie said...

Of course, Hillers denies the "shut yer yap" story. I will watch with interest!

As for Jimmy Carter, don't get me started. I think he just needs to accept the fact that he had a failed presidency and get over it. His ineptness in things theological isn't helping his reputation any.