Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Independence Day

The Seventh Sola would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone (here in America) a happy Independence Day. May all of us take today to remember the blessings that God has bestowed on our country since that day in 1776. More than that, may we remember again our founding principles centered in "one nation under God," and that we have been "bestowed by our Creator with certain inalienable rights." As the late President John Adams said, our nation was founded for a religious and moral people. Our system won't work otherwise.

Our love and prayers also go out today to our armed forces serving in Iraq, Afghanistan and around the world. We are proud of you!

2 comments:

Pastor Rod said...

Joel,

Thanks for your kind remarks over at EmergentNo. Carla has banned me and will not allow me to post. I guess I was not presenting the kind of image she is looking for from people who disagree with her.

If you would be so kind to let Truth Seeker and the others know that I will not be able to continue our discussion. They are free to visit me at my own blog.

God Bless,

Rod

SolaMeanie said...

Rod,

Check your email. I answered you there.

J