Monday, October 16, 2006

An Expose of "Pastor" Fred Phelps

I am posting the following link today after discovering it at Phil Johnson's "Spurgeon" website. It is an expose of Fred Phelps, the so-called "Baptist" pastor known for his "God Hates Fags" campaign as well as his repugnant protests at the funerals of U.S. military personnel. The latest outrageous stunt pulled by this group of loons was to attempt a protest at the funerals of the Amish children gunned down in Pennsylvania earlier this month.

Fred Phelps is not a mainstream or even fundamentalist Baptist, and the actions of his "church" (made up largely of family menbers) is more akin to a pseudo-Christian cult. I am tired of people who either don't know any better, or who DO know better and are merely being malicious, trying to lump this buffoon in with orthodox Christianity, either in orthodoxy or in orthopraxis.


Phelps Expose

3 comments:

Joe B. Whitchurch said...

Fred and his family need to know the righteous Lord Jesus who is also the gracious Sovereign Lord Jesus. Those that follow Fred (all 20 of them) need counter-cult correction and now publicity ostracism.

Those that quote Fred and family as 'Christian' need to have a good spanking.

If I were a betting man and I am not, I'd guess that George Soros or some "Mooov Ahn dot whatever" type is either paying the media to trump-up this very sadly misguided individual, or is actually funding Fred to keep lunacy alive and associated with those religions (Christianity and Judaism) that George Soros loves to hate.

Eric Pement said...

I just read much of the text of the link to the Phelps exposé. If these claims are true, Fred Phelps is a sick, sick man who has criminally abused his family for years. Of course, we have to beware of believing stories about our enemies, since we're humanly more prone to accept atrocity stories about our enemies than about our friends. However, if the accounts on that web site are even partly true -- God help them all.

Lori said...

When I first read about Phelps at The Soapbox I thought it was a joke. That the site was a parody. I really did. Considering how much contempt I had for religious people back then, even I couldn't believe this guy was for real. Now I know better. He's no Christian.