Thursday, November 30, 2006

Defending our Military

Please check out the link below to James Taranto's "Best of the Web" column at the Wall Street Journal's online editorial page. James, whom I have had the pleasure of interviewing on my radio program, has been posting letters from our military personnel and their families regarding their level of education AND their patriotic commitment to our country. It is refreshing and encouraging in light of the insulting remarks made in recent weeks by blowhards like Congressman Chuck Rangel and Senator John Kerry. Need I also say the letters give the lie TO the insults?

The vast majority of Americans, including me, are proud of our troops regardless of their class or level of academic success. The shame is on people like the abovementioned, cynical politicians whose hate for the president and lust for power outweighs their already questionable judgment.

I hope the next elections bear that out.


Opinion Journal

No comments: