Friday, October 19, 2007

As You Can See . . .

Well, I hope you all like the new film noir design of this blog. Hats off to Everyday Design (Jules and her husband) who did it for me. I am so pleased! They nailed it and then some! For those of you who would like a good, creative new design for your own blogs, I recommend them highly!

Thanks, Jules! (I LOVE the old manual typewriter)

SOLA'S "EDITOR'S NOTE" -- In the process of the new design, some of the links I had to other blogs were left off of the sidebar. I will be restoring them and adding some more as soon as I can find some extra time.

7 comments:

Cindy Swanson said...

Joel, this is FANTASTIC! The designer really did nail it. It's YOU to a T. Also, the white print against the black background in your old template was really hard on my middle-aged eye...this is MUCH easier to read! A terrific look for a terrific blog. :)

SolaMeanie said...

Thanks, Cindylou...

I feel like putting on a trenchcoat and finding an old Packard limo to drive. Can't you just see Bogart and Bacall around the corner?

Everyday Mommy said...

Enjoy, enjoy! And, yes, the white background is much easier on the eye.

Stefan said...

Wow, slick stuff! Nice.

Palm boy said...

Typewriter, brilliant.
Beats the tar out of my candy orange header. :D

Randy said...

Joel,

Great new look for your blog! I almost chuckled at the use of the "old" typewriter in the heading. With my spell check errors I'm sure glad that Word processing is the modern way.

Your blog is the noir kind of course. Looks great Solameanie!
It is right down your alley. Okay, now, don the federo, trenchcoat and the old style car with the fog slightly lifting from the streets and you'll be in Bogie's era! ha.
That was a compliment dear friend.
As I know you love that time era.

Randy

Randy said...

Joel,

Great new look for your blog! I almost chuckled at the use of the "old" typewriter in the heading. With my spell check errors I'm sure glad that Word processing is the modern way.

Your blog is the noir kind of course. Looks great Solameanie!
It is right down your alley. Okay, now, don the fedora, trenchcoat and the old style car with the fog slightly lifting from the streets and you'll be in Bogie's era! ha.
That was a compliment dear friend.
As I know you love that time era.

Randy