Friday, December 14, 2007

Endorsement on Hold

Earlier, this blog endorsed Mike Huckabee for the GOP presidential nomination. I am putting that endorsement on hold until further notice. There are questions that have been raised about theology, taxation views, immigration, and other important areas, and thus far I am not satisfied with the answers.

I am going to wait a bit longer in the primary season to see how Huckabee answers some of these concerns. If you've noticed, all of a sudden he's the man of the hour, and some of the people beginning to talk favorably about him make me nervous, including the Council on Foreign Relations.

Don't get me wrong. I like Mike Huckabee, and think the potential is there. But on some issues his conservative credentials need beefing up, and not just for the election. I want him to "get it," and get it from the heart. I might reinstate my endorsement.

Then again, I may not. I probably shouldn't have endorsed so early on, but I have been so dissatisfied with the "front runners" i.e. Giuliani and Romney, that I wanted to express my support for a solid conservative Christian candidate.

1 comment:

Palm boy said...

Thats the same boat I was in 2 months ago. And I've put four friends in that camp now too.

Welcome aboard. :D