Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Lads in Genesis Put On a Great Show

Today is a day for a break from the troubles of the world. I am going to post some photos we took at the Genesis concert in Chicago this past October 2. Genesis is one of the few secular shows I'd bother attending. At least you can go to one and not hear smut, politics or attacks on your faith.

My friend Caleb and I attended. It was an outstanding show, and the first Genesis show I have seen since the Abacab tour in 1981-82. The sound was crisp and clear, the musicianship top class, the Moog Taurus pedals rattled the very chairs bolted into the United Center concrete, as I told Caleb they would. And of course, the light/screen show was stunning. Here is a sampling of what we saw.









4 comments:

lee n. field said...

>seen since the Abacab tour in 1981-82.

Twenty five years. Gettin' old, boy.

SolaMeanie said...

Yes, my friend. The sands in the hourglass are running out and Auntie Em isn't here to put them back in.

Randy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Randy said...

Joel,

You and my frind Jeff would get along well. He 'love's Genesis. He saw them in Columbus a short time back. It seems many times when I visit him, he needs to mention Genesis. Of course he mentions Phil and the other drummer doing duets! (Can't think of the guys name though.)

I remember being in the 'old' Q building standing by your desk as we watched the video to "No Son Of Mine." Long time ago Joel.

I'm glad you got to go. I know that Genesis and I think, "Yes" were two of your favorite groups.

Be well,

Randy