Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Slapping Bill Clinton Around Some More




I don't know why. Maybe it's because my family has deep Arkansas roots. Maybe it's because I remember my now 90+ year old Arkansas aunt telling me when I was a teenager how much she despised Bill Clinton. She was in her 60s then and Billy Bob was just beginning his reign as Arkansas governor. Maybe it's all the stories and scandals I've been familiar with long before the walking Arkansas trailer park ended up in the White House. Maybe it's because I've had a disgust for big bullies picking on smaller people. (Clinton is supposedly gargantuan in size and has a knack for getting physical with people he can intimidate). Maybe it's my conservative politics being mixed with some spleen. I really don't know why. But I am tired of Bill Clinton's "purple rages" getting headlines and no one seemingly doing anything about them.

I don't know how much stock we can put in Dick Morris' claims about Clinton tackling him in the kitchen of the Arkansas governor's mansion. There is obviously bad blood there. I do know that if anyone tackled me in such a manner and drew their fist, they'd get a quick thumb-poke in the eye, a knee to the groin and any other blow I could manage to land. I don't care how big they are. I don't cotton well to being physically assaulted. Hillary supposedly threw a lamp at him. Good for Hillary.

For the past several weeks, we have been treated to news accounts of Billy Bob going off at people. The esteemed Chris Wallace, son of CBS' Mike Wallace, got the purple rage directed at him. Several other reporters, and now an Obama supporter, report that they've been on the receiving end. I could mention several other accounts, but that would mean a Tolstoy-novel length post.

It takes a really brave 6 foot-3 inch man to show his temper to people when he has Secret Service protection. It's really a bold warrior type who can tackle people much smaller than he is. It takes someone with nerves of steel to yell, scream, punch, poke, and spit at people when you have the apparatus of government -- local, state or federal -- to protect you from the consequences. I would imagine that most people confronted with Clinton's rage were more concerned with the legal consequences than they were actually facing down the jerk. Of course, if you were female you had another matter with which to be concerned. Ask Juanita Broderick. According to the testimony of record, she tried to stand up to Clinton and he nearly bit her lip off. How many other women have been intimidated into silence by the former Groper in Chief? Just why this lecherous buffoon continues to be worshipped by the media and taken so seriously in Europe astounds me. Bill Clinton belongs in prison. Not the White House. Not the United Nations. Not the European Union. Not any place where a respectable statesman would be received. I can't stand the man.

In the coming weeks, I will have much more to say on this presidential season and the candidates. The Republican end of the spectrum has made me just as angry. I am really displeased with the GOP establishment. Once again, they have given Christian conservatives the middle finger. I now regret my earlier misgivings on Mike Huckabee. Yes, I know that he has some things that have given movement conservatives some pause. He gave me pause. But now I see what we're faced with. Huckabee's heart is in the right place, and he has 10 years of successful state governance under his belt. But no, we had to split in 10 different directions. Now we have John McCain, who will no doubt lose to whoever the Democratic nominee is. Bob Dole all over again. George H.W. Bush all over again. The Establishment Country Club wins again. I hope everyone is happy. I'll have more to say on this delicious issue later, with whipped cream on top.

Back to William Jefferson Blythe Clinton. I could probably reassess my attitude if I could just see the slightest bit of repentance for his behavior. But I don't see anything of the kind. Just never ending narcissistic self-absorption, even at the expense of his wife's presidential candidacy.

And don't get me started on her.

4 comments:

crownring said...

Hi Sola,

Does Bill Clinton's current behavior ever make you wonder if he isn't secretly trying to sabatoge Hillary's campaign? I mean, if you were supporting a spouse in a political campaign, doesn't it make sense that you'd do your very best to behave in a reasonable manner?

Is it also possible that we're now seeing more obvious signs of mental illness on Bill Clinton's part? Perhaps even the early onset of Alzheimer's? Could his heart surgery have sent tiny clots to his brain that further compromised his ability to control his emotions and urges? Is it possible that Bill Clinton not only a sex addict, but a rageaholic as well? Having had no contact with any of the Clinton family, I have no way of knowing any of this for sure, but his behavior is indeed very odd for the spouse of a presidential candidate, to say the least.

SolaMeanie said...

It could go hand in hand with narcissism. Bill Clinton would hate it if Hillary outshone him in office. So if her candidacy plummets, it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for him.

The possibilities are endless. They are both masters at gaming the system.

pastorbrianculver said...

"Is it also possible that we're now seeing more obvious signs of mental illness on Bill Clinton's part?"

I guess it depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is!!!

You are right on when it comes to Clinton.

Mrs. W said...

Y'all make me chuckle. Of course you're right. We dislike the Clintons, too.

I'm always dumbfounded to hear supposed feminists support Hillary. Seriously, HOW is she a feminist? Being married to and consistently embarassed by the most famous Philanderer-in-Chief... what feminist would put up with that? I don't feel sorry for her at all. It's not like he's beating her black and blue.

Sadly, I believe Obama will be our next President.