Monday, June 30, 2008

I Hate Computers



Late last week, my hard drive fried on my laptop. As I had to go out of town for a speaking engagement, it didn't matter too badly. I could check email via the web on other computers. The speaking engagement went well by God's grace (thanks to Fred and all at Grace Baptist in Waterloo, IA for a wonderful visit), and I made it home in one piece.

Today, I got my computer back with a temporary hard drive. I seem to have gotten most everything back, except for some music I had been working on in Garage Band and some other personal files. I'm sure I'll find other things not there, and you might hear a very loud "AIEEEE!" when I discover it.

Why do computers have to fry close to the weekend when nothing can be done about it?

I want my Royal Manual Typewriter back.

Yesterday!

3 comments:

crownring said...

To err is human, to really foul things up requires a computer. ;)

Unlike thee, I do not want my manual typewriter back. It was all wonky from my having dropped it on the floor.

Glad you're back, Sola.

Gilbert said...

One question: did you back up your most critical documents and files on a 2 GB flash drive or similar?

Solameanie said...

Thankfully, the office runs a backup every day, and I was able to recapture most of what I had lost. I am still checking to make sure. I do have some things missing. I don't know what the system is exactly, but I do know that it doesn't work all the time, LOL.