Thursday, June 05, 2008

Obama Worship



I don't know about you, but I find this photo -- posted today on the Drudge Report -- a bit troubling. Of course, I must give the caveat that the photo is misleading as to what was really going on here. But it's still illustrative of a very real concern that I have when watching Obama's entranced crowds. If what was going on IS as it appears, we indeed have a very real problem.

How often in recent history have we seen such blatant fawning over a presidential candidate, for heaven's sake? I mean, come on! There is a term that I could use to describe what this scene looks like, but on reflection I decided to edit it out. As usual, people would be offended by the reference and miss the point altogether. I imagine the rest of what I say will make some people mad enough.

We are supposed to be electing a president, not a spiritual figure or Messiah. We already have one of those, thank you very much, and His name isn't Obama.

I can think of other examples in history when a speaker was able to mezmerize a crowd. Sometimes the speaker's control over the crowd was near demonic, if not genuinely so. The media being in the tank and advancing the cause/propaganda of the candidate doesn't help matters much.

People had better snap out of their glazed-eye trances and think about what they're about to do to this country.

1 comment:

lee n. field said...

Look on the bright side. If BHO is president, he can't be a Senator from Illinois. :-).