Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Chavez and Noriega -- An Object Lesson



Venezuelan would-be dictator Hugo Chavez manages to irritate quite a few people these days. He loves to tweak the United States, especially President Bush. He hob-nobs with Fidel Castro, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and anyone else known as enemies of America. Now he's inviting the Russians to make some mischief in the Western Hemisphere. A very interesting guy. As tempted as I am to make a really snide remark in his direction, I'll withhold it for the time being. Instead, I'll offer him a bit of friendly advice.

I would advise Mr. Chavez to remember what happened with another tinpot dictator who thought he could make trouble in our direction with impunity. His name is Manuel Noriega, former dictator of Panama. Mr. Noriega shook his fists in the air and beat on his chest one too many times. We deposed him and and planted his pockmarked derriere in a Florida prison.

Food for thought.

4 comments:

Randy said...

Joel,

You are so on target, as always. I had to laugh at one point though. The only other time I heard you use the word pockmarked was in reference to a certain consultant we had years ago.

With that being said, your words are timely. I lurk a lot at your blog and should respond more, but just know that you really keep me up to date at the current events that are unfolding.

Randy

Solameanie said...

I know. I'm a naughty boy. ;)

Don't feel bad about not commenting. I'm just glad to know someone's being blessed, encouraged or amused by reading. I don't comment on blogs anywhere near as much as I used to. I probably comment more on TeamPyro than anywhere else.

Strong Tower said...

I don't think that Noriega and Chavez are comparable, really. Chavez has his sights set on a unified South America. Though I would like to think they are no different, Chavez has worked to gather allies and not just supporters.

As I see it, we have only one option, and that is to topple him, but to do that will not solve the morass that he has made out of the Government and its deepening ties with Terrorist/Fascist factions around the Globe. We are the eventual target. He will not stop at Panama and Mexico with its minions stationed by the millions in the continental U.S. is a lipsmaking meal he would easily consume.

We will soon be forced economically out of the Middle East as a Military police force. And our strategic oil interests will be endangered. And I think we can bank on our next occupation prosecuting the Monroe Doctrine under the rubric that we are preventing foreign interests from inciting conflict in the Americas.

My apologies too sola, you do have some interesting stuffin herin.

Solameanie said...

Apologies? For what? Always glad to have you here to comment!

I tend to agree with you for the most part. The Pax Americana is quickly crumbling along with the rest of the house of cards. Mexico is also really getting out of control, but that seems to be under the radar screen.