Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Here's to the Presidents of Smaller Banks . . .

Check this article out. In essence, the smaller banks who are in decent financial shape don't want federal handouts or interference in their business. If it isn't broken in their case, don't fix it, in other words.

But the feds are insistent, it appears. Not satisfied with wrecking havoc with the big boys, they have to get their hooks into our local financial institutions who have been largely very prudent.

I am beginning to think we need another Boston Tea Party.

3 comments:

Randy said...

Joel,

The whole government being involved with the banks is troubling. I checked with a local bank and they are truly solvent. They haven't made bad loans or investments. So, why should the government get involved? Just one more step at government takeover.

You provide the tea and I'll find us a boat for the tea party!

Randy

Solameanie said...

I'm almost beyond tea party now, Randy. I'm almost at Lexington-Concord stage, LOL.

Randy said...

Joel,

With a grin and a chuckle I had to agree with your comment. You've heard the saying, "If it wasn't so sad I'd be laughing."

It just goes to show that we really could be closer to the end times than we think.

As always, thanks for your good posts and keeping me informed. I do my own best to keep up on things but you always have something of great value to pass on.

Randy