Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day . . . Vote!



Well, it's D-Day. Or should I say "V-Day?" I'm over my cynicism, at least for the next 24 hours or so. Despite my enjoyment of Tony Banks' witty lyrics yesterday, I do believe that every American should exercise their civic responsibility and vote. I have no idea what the outcome will be, but I do know the One who is in charge, and it's not Barack Obama or John McCain. It's our sovereign God.

It is He who changes the times and the epochs; He removes kings and establishes kings; He gives wisdom to wise men And knowledge to men of understanding (Daniel 2:21).

I'll have more to say in a day or two on the election and its aftermath. No matter who wins, there will be a lot of thinking and praying to do.

1 comment:

lee n. field said...

Duty done.

Not that they can give me any kind of paper trail, once the ballot scanner sucked my ballot in and incremented the voter count. Could be anything going on in there. Google on "hacking diebold" for more on that class of problem.