Friday, March 06, 2009

Hating our British Cousins?

I've been pretty busy this week, so I haven't had time to prepare a decent post. However, this little item caught my eye. Aside from the little unpleasantness with the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812, Great Britain has been a pretty important ally and friend of the United States. Personally, England and Wales are among the very few places around the world that I'd like to see, no doubt because of my own Welsh heritage and love for English literature.

If the United States has to thumb its nose at a country, I can pick a few where it makes sense to do so. But this insulting breach of protocol doesn't bode well.

And they called George W. Bush a rube.

4 comments:

Shinar Squirrel said...

Joel, did you see this also? Shows same attitude, and gives a bit more background on why. Yeah, they like our enimies and hate our friends...

The Squirrel

Solameanie said...

Wow! I saw the link to that story, but didn't click on it. Very enlightening indeed! And not surprising. When it comes to Marxist couples, Richard Nixon once observed that the female was usually the red hot one i.e Mao's late wife, Jiang Qing.

BTW, I know Wikipedia has its issues, but the article on Qing is pretty accurate for the most part.

Shinar Squirrel said...

HRC was definatly the "true believer" of the Bill&Hill pair. (Bill just thought being Pres. was a great way to score chicks.)

The Squirrel

Randy said...

I'd love to see England. Even though I heard they aren't too fond of Americans. Speculation maybe. However, I thought I was Irish but actually I'm English. This is through the geneology my cousin has done. So, I'm half English and half German! What a mix! I've been to Germany twice. But, I'd still like to see Britain.