Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Miss USA Pageant Fallout


Subtitle -- Perez Hilton: Poster Boy for Hate

I have to state up front that I have never really been a fan of so-called "beauty pageants" for a variety of reasons. If I state here why, I am afraid that outrage would probably distract from the point I want to make about the recent Miss USA controversy. So I'll "lay that by" for now.

I didn't watch the pageant, but I do watch the news, and therefore I have heard of the uproar over Miss California's kindly-expressed view against homosexual marriage. What particularly outrages me is the vicious behavior of Perez Hilton, who was supposed to be an impartial judge. I guess his need to advocate sodomy outweighed his duty as a pageant judge. He savaged Miss California on his video blog, calling her a "b---h." He later huffed and puffed that Miss America needs to leave her religion and politics out of it, since Miss USA is "supposed to represent all Americans."

I had to rewrite this section before posting it, because I let fly with a little anger of my own. And as temporarily pleasurable as it would have been to post it, that would have defeated the point I am trying to make. Anyway, let's chat about what you said for a moment, Perez. So the contestant needs to leave her religion and politics home. Hmmm. Did you leave yours home when you showed up at the judge's table?

So Miss USA is supposed to represent all Americans. What about Americans like me who just might disagree with you? I'm an American, am I not? I have a viewpoint and the right to express it under our Constitution. Perhaps you have read that document, assuming you can read and have normal reading comprehension skills?

I am also guaranteed freedom of religion under that Constitution. The faith to which I adhere views homosexuality as a moral evil, not a protected political right. That was also the view of the majority -- if not all - of our country's Founding Fathers. The freedoms they envisioned and enshrined did not include the right to sodomy, bestiality, pedophilia, or any other aberrant sexual practice, no matter what an activist court says.

Allow me to further your education on another rather simple matter (this also goes out to the homosexual activist on The O'Reilly Factor last night). You loudly proclaim that anyone who disagrees with you on the issue of homosexual rights -- no matter on what grounds -- is a bigot and a homophobe. Bullroar. Pure, unadulterated bullroar.

A phobia is an irrational fear. We are not opposed to homosexuality because we are irrationally afraid of it. We are opposed to it because we believe it is morally wrong. If said opposition was motivated by hatred, then that would indeed be wrong. I am reluctant to use the word "bigotry," because I think that cheapens proper outrage over racial prejudice. However, true Christians are not motivated by hate. In fact, seeing someone's soul in eternal jeopardy due to sin provokes great sadness. We get that from the God we worship, who "takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked." His heart is that the sinner should "turn from his wicked way and live."

Now, there is such a thing as righteous anger. But you can't understand that, can you? You can't discern the difference between a righteous anger over a destructive, selfish behavior ultimately harmful to yourself and society, and hatred for an individual as a person. Your lack of discernment and understanding is sad, but not surprising.

Thankfully, you showed your posterior for the country to see. If anyone was an example of vicious, spewing hatred, you're it. It was written all over your enraged visage on the screen. This might shock you, but you're acting just like the Lord Jesus Christ Himself said people like you would act. "They hated Me before they hated you." Why do you hate Jesus? Why do you hate Christians? Here's Jesus in His own words . . .

If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A slave is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also. But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know the One who sent Me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. He who hates Me hates My Father also. If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would not have sin; but now they have both seen and hated Me and My Father as well. But they have done this to fulfill the word that is written in their Law, ‘THEY HATED ME WITHOUT A CAUSE' (John 15:18-25).

God's mercy is there even for you, Perez. If I were you, I'd repent and take advantage of it now. Who knows how many days He has alloted you, and after your calendar runs out, it's too late.

As an addendum to this, an article this morning on WorldNetDaily reports that Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana took the side of Perez Hilton on this, which is interesting because she claims to be Christian. The comment -- if she indeed made it -- made reference to "not judging" and not "being loving," which is the typical response today of liberal or uninformed Christians who seem clueless about what Scripture actually says and means on this subject. I think these Hollywood Christians had best study up on God's Word again. All of it, not just the touchy feely parts they like.

3 comments:

Stan McCullars said...

Well said.

Randy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Randy said...

Joel,

You said it best. I can only add that I was proud of Miss CA for saying on National TV that "Jesus is my Lord and Savior." That goes a long way. Plus, I cannot take the likes of Miley Cyrus. She, her ego and me couldn't all fit in the same room. Recently a rock group (and I forget the group's name) snubbed her when she wanted to meet them. She said on the air that she would get even. Now, this kid has so much learning to do. There's a tremendous book I'm going to talk about on my blog about the "Mirror Effect." It has to do with the narcissistic behavior of the so-called elite.

What amazes me about the sodomites is that they misuse the scripture. They will say, "Well, if you can't be gay as the Old Testament says then why do people eat pork, etc as well?" Simple. After the death, burial and resurrection of Christ, Paul the Apostle IN the New Covenant still condemns through the Spirit in Romans Chapter One on the homosexual thing. And...In Corinthians he talks about marriage and it deals with a man and a woman. So, Jack Black, Perez Hilton and Company just set up the "straw man." I think I'm done. I hadn't planned on taking up all your space. Ha.

Be well,

Randy