Friday, July 03, 2009

Happy Independence Day!


I'd like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy Independence Day (July 4th) here in the United States. I will take a few days off blogging, following one of the most sporadic months of posting since I began The Seventh Sola back in 2005. I've been battling one of my famous respiratory bugs for more than three weeks now, and haven't felt like doing much.

I will be back at the keyboard next week, but will leave you with this thought to ponder over the weekend. Go and read the Declaration of Independence. Read it closely.

Next, imagine writing the Declaration out longhand and sending it to the White House in a stamped envelope. Imagine having a bunch of friends join you in signing it before you mail it.

I'll bet you'd be in the sights of Homeland Security and probably in Leavenworth before a week had gone by. Maybe even Gitmo.

Times have changed since the days of our original Patriots, haven't they?

3 comments:

lee n. field said...

"swarms of officers to harass us and eat out our substance."

The Rios' said...

Hey Joel-Here's our new blog address for your records.

http://slrios1990.blogspot.com/

Grace and Truth,
The Rios'

Solameanie said...

Thanks, Steve..

The link has been fixed.

Joel..