Friday, August 28, 2009

Now He Wants the Internet . . .


I wish this story was a hoax. But it isn't.

Yes, it seems Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-WV) is pushing a bill to give President Obama the right to take over the internet in an "emergency." Very, very interesting, as Arte Johnson would say.

The Democrats are likely (in fact, I think they're laying the foundation now) to go after broadcasters. Add to that this thing with the Internet, plus Obama's wish for a national "day of service," which reminds me of the old Soviet subbotnik. My, my, my. It seems we are indeed in for challenging times in this country.

2 comments:

Stan McCullars said...

This could be another thing that we look back on in 30-40 years and say:

Damn. We should have done something sooner.

Solameanie said...

Stan,

I agree wholeheartedly. But would you mind not using expletives?

Thanks!