Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Even in the Darkest Places


A few years ago, a friend of mine and I were hiking through the Arkansas Ozarks when we decided to visit one of the many caves in the region. I've used shots from that hike on this blog before, but I don't think I used this specific one of the sun shining through the entrance to that particular cave.

The applications I use for these photos varies from time to time, and with passing events. Today, this particular one makes me think of the gathering darkness in this nation, and in the world at large. Yet, as dark as it is, nothing is capable of shutting out the light of the Lord.

And for that, I am thankful.

This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all (1 John 1:5).

The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it (John 1:5).

No comments: