Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Nanny State's Contempt


Well, well, well. So Energy Secretary Steven Chu thinks we're brats. Disagree with the leftist state about global warming, or extremist conservation ideas, and you're a bratty teenager.

I'm glad Secretary Chu made these comments, because they're a vivid demonstration of how the elitist left looks at the American public. We're all the great unwashed who don't know how to manage for ourselves. We need to be led around by the nose and told what to do, when to eat, when to sleep, when to think and what to think.

It makes me want to go home and turn my air conditioner down to 55 degrees. It makes me want to go buy a 1968 Cadillac or some other vehicle that gets eight miles to the gallon and generates a lot of exhaust. But I won't do it, because that would be bratty of me. It would feel great, but I'll restrain myself.

Instead, I'll just do the adult thing and vote to throw these faux-omniscient wiseacres out of office.

1 comment:

Ron said...

Make mine a '59 Caddy convertible.