Thursday, November 19, 2009

Bill O'Reilly and John Calvin


Last night, Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly completely misrepresented Calvinism, basically equating it with fatalism. It was an aside to a guest, but nevertheless, the misrepresentation was made.

Good Calvinist that I am, I have a partially tongue-in-cheek, five-point response to Bill's perfidy.

1. This was a totally depraved thing for Bill to do.

2. My disapproval is unconditional, and I may elect to watch him less in the future.

3. My patience is limited for this kind of thing, and I expect Bill to fully atone for his Romanist error.

4. I really try to exhibit grace, but in this instance, my urge to issue a rejoinder was irresistible.

5. If Bill continues in his mischaracterization of Calvinists, you can be sure this saint will persevere in his criticism.

1 comment:

Caleb Kolstad said...

Very good!