Saturday, March 13, 2010
"Coffee" Co-Opting the Tea Party?
Sola's Note: I received this from a friend today. Thought I'd post it, as it will make for the next round of headlines. Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
The Tea Party movement calls for a return to the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and the Bill of Rights as explained in the Federalist Papers. They stand for fiscal responsibility, constitutionally limited government, and free market.
On the other hand, the new Coffee Party is much less clear about what they stand for. But the following items should give you a good idea that it doesn't stand for the same things as the Tea Party movement.
1. The organizer is Annabel Park---a former Strategy Analyst at the NY Times who was one of organizers and operators of the United for Obama video channel at YouTube.
2. She doesn't like the Pledge of Allegiance or the flag or "Under God" being in the pledge,
3. However, she has put together a Coffee Party "civility pledge".....
"We the People demand: Reason and civility in public affairs; A government accountable to the People; Liberty & Justice for All."
4. As opposed to the Tea Party movement, the Coffee Party appears to be looked on favorably by the press.
5. But the behind the scenes contribution links are pointing toward far-left zealot/financier George Soros, ACORN, and Senator Chuck Schumer.
5a. The contribution landing page for the Coffee Party says that it partners with Democracyinaction.org, a 501(c)(3) organization, meaning contributions to the latter are tax-deductible.
5b. Democracyinaction.org is affiliated with for-profits Salsa Enterprise and Wired for Change. Wired for Change lists its "political organization" clients to include the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, and ACORN. Its candidate clients include Chuck Schumer and Jerry Brown.
5c. The About Page for Democracyinaction.org states that it gets funding from Open Society Institute, George Soros’s organization.
So, don't be fooled..and pass the word along.