Thursday, June 24, 2010

Paul, You Stop Now. Please.


Like most Americans of my generation, I love Paul McCartney's music. I guess that's why it irritates me all the more when he says stuff like this.

Being a global-warming skeptic is equal to being a Holocaust denier? Oh, puhleeze! Give me a royal break! I can overlook Paul's rather girlish gushing over Barack Obama, but that line was a bit much.

As an aside, when musicians and entertainers make such overtly partisan political statements, I wonder if they realize that they're alienating half their audience, at least in America. Maybe they don't care. At least until it hits them where it hurts. The pocketbook.

2 comments:

Palm boy said...

Artists like Paul live in an echo chamber, and they do a fine job parroting what all the 'smart' people around them say.

Solameanie said...

"Echo chamber." I like that!