Monday, December 06, 2010

Hey, Bud! Got a Nickel?


Thanks to James Taranto of the Wall Street Journal for reminding me of this in his column today. I've seen this fact referenced many times by various talking heads and meant to call attention to it, but I kept forgetting.

Anyway, we are hearing an increasing number of liberal-friendly wealthy people cheering the idea of a tax increase by saying that they'd LOVE to pay more taxes. That's fine. Go ahead. But I'll thank you to write the check yourself and leave me out of your coerced charity.

The federal government would be happy to receive the heartfelt gifts of liberal millionaires and billionaires who think the government doesn't have enough money. Here's where you can send your generous contribution . . .

Gifts to the United States
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Credit Accounting Branch
3700 East-West Highway, Room 622D
Hyattsville, MD 20782


My word to the rest of you -- don't hold your breath waiting for them to do it. I've found many of them have a hard time putting their money where their mouths are.

No comments: