Friday, December 17, 2010

Nuking in the News?


Yesterday in USA Today. I saw a story on surviving a nuclear attack -- I guess some new consideration of that question is afoot. I looked on their website this morning and couldn't see it, and didn't feel like slogging through a bunch of clicks. So instead, I googled and found this story from the New American on the same thing. I guess the "newspaper of record," the New York Times, originally published on the topic December 15.

Yes, you can still find old fallout shelter signs in some cities, but I suspect most Americans have forgotten about those. Interesting to me that now we have a spate of stories on surviving a nuclear attack.

Kind of makes you wonder if they're trying to prepare us for something coming, doesn't it? That's a nice thought for a very merry Christmas, isn't it?

2 comments:

lee n. field said...

These scares come and go. The fifties. The Reagan years. We're about due. We're made, I think, to expect catastrophe. That doesn't mean it ain't gonna' happen one of these years.

What I wonder is how much our "free press", the so called main stream media, is being managed to generate worry. How much is real and significant and how much is theater designed to keep us in line?

Just saw something the other day, let's see....here. File under "things that make you go 'hmmm'".

Cresson Kearny's material on expedient nuke shelters can found online for free.

Solameanie said...

"Free press." LOL. It is a laugh, isn't it?