Monday, April 04, 2011

Save Liam!


If this doesn't make you mad, I don't know what will.

Various American media entities have done stories on the plight of Michael McCarty and his now 10-year-old son Liam. You can read the linked article, and also check out this "Save Liam" website. It perplexes me why the Italian government would play games like this with a family, and especially given the fact that Italy is supposed to be a friend of the United States. It does seem like the U.S. could apply more pressure to get Liam returned to his father.

I don't have the power to do much, but I can at least give this additional publicity. And what we can't do in our own personal power, we know that God's power is not constrained. I pray that Michael will soon get his son back, and that those responsible for this situation will be punished appropriately.

No comments: