Monday, July 04, 2011

Happy Independence Day!


The Seventh Sola wishes everyone in the U.S. a very happy, blessed Independence Day. My hope is that we will all remember our history, and be thankful for the blessing of living in a free country. A freedom, by the way, that we are in great jeopardy of losing if we don't wake up.

My posting on The Seventh Sola has been much more sporadic than I would like, and this week will be no different. My mother is facing heart surgery, and at age 88, that is no light matter. I would appreciate everyone's prayers for her, and for our family. I probably won't be posting much this week, so I leave you in God's grace, and hope to be back here pontificating as usual very soon. There's a comment from an earlier meta that I haven't answered yet, but I will. Dungy, that's a promise. My apologies for neglecting you. My hands have been rather full of late!

4 comments:

markshriv said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Solameanie said...

Consider yourself banned. I don't appreciate posts labeling respected evangelical teachers as "lying frauds." There is a biblical process to follow for things like that, and that wasn't it.

Solameanie said...

I need to clarify why I pulled the plug on your comment. First, it was entirely off topic. Second, if the post had been about John MacArthur, I would have had no problem if you had simply listed specific areas where you don't agree with his take on something. Then we could have had some discussion about it.

But to just post a link calling John MacArthur a liar and a fraud (both legally actionable terms) simply will not fly on this blog. Comprende?

Dungy said...

No worries, I do not feel neglected. I've actually been out of town and away from my PC for a couple of weeks so this is my first check in, in quite a while.