Monday, October 17, 2011

Birthday Posts


Today is my 51st birthday, so that's my excuse for being a slacker on blog posts. We won't discuss the other postless days, shall we? I thought not.

Anywhoo, allow me to point you to a couple of things that caught my attention, one great and one, ahem, not so great. I'll start with the not so great one first.

Harold Camping's recent stroke has apparently done nothing to rattle his cage about false prophecies and false teaching. As the linked Christian Post article shows, he's doubling down on his errors, with a bit of adjustment on the horrific level of doomsday. I wish his family would step in and yank the microphone away from this guy. It's really, really sad.

On a happier note, Pastor Tullian Tchividjian has written a great little column on the issue of law and Gospel. Legalism never helped anyone live a holy life. If anything, it leads to licentiousness.

Amen, preach it brother!

1 comment:

crownring said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Sola! I hope you had a wonderful day!