Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Government/Psychiatric Tandem


I don't know if you've ever heard of 30-year-old Stanley Thornton, Jr. He's the man who wants to live like a baby. If you haven't yet heard of him, I'm sure most of you have heard of Dr. Keith Ablow, who recently contributed this opinion piece to Fox News Channel.

I remember something of this story before, and it made me pretty mad. It's making me mad again, and I think Dr. Ablow is spot-on in his criticism of both the government and modern-day psychiatry/psychology.

At its root, psychology is "study of the soul." I have little use for it, and my attitude has been formed from personal experience witnessing its tender, loving ministrations in the lives of loved ones. Studying the history and background of psychology hasn't helped, especially when you consider the atheistic Freud and the occult leanings of Jung. Sounds to me like they got most of their ideas out of the pit, if you get my meaning.

I don't mean to suggest that there aren't real psychological problems. I also don't mean to suggest that there can't be psychological issues with underlying medical causes i.e. chemical imbalances etc. But in my humble opinion - based on the truth of God's Word - you can't ignore the spiritual, especially the role of the demonic in deceiving people.

Sometimes people don't need a pill. Sometimes they just need a good kick in the pants. And the Gospel.

No comments: