Monday, December 10, 2012

Persecuted Atheists

I've been out of commission for a while, and noticed that I haven't had anything new up on the blog for a week. And what do I find awaiting me in the news right before Christmas? This little report about persecution of atheists around the world.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't like or condone persecution of anyone for their beliefs, no matter how much I might disagree with them. However, given the current atheist war on Christianity here in the United States and elsewhere, I find this news report just a bit ironic. It was just in the news the other day (from Little Rock, Arkansas) that a performance of a Charlie Brown Christmas at a school is now cancelled because one atheist complained.

Interesting, isn't it? They're so bothered by something in which they claim not to believe. When I was in public school, I had to sit through classes where Eastern mysticism or other philosophies (even atheism) with which I disagreed were on the menu. I tolerated it. And why? Because here in America, we're supposed to have freedom. But the tolerance I extended isn't reciprocated these days. Freedom now means taking it away.

How Orwellian.

No comments: