Monday, February 18, 2013

White River, AR Fishing

I haven't been able to go fishing in Arkansas since 2007. Long ago in my youth (don't ask how long), I enjoyed fishing Spring River and the Myatt Creek near Mammoth Spring. In more recent years, it's been crappie fishing on Lake Charles near Powhatan.

One of these days, I'd love to try the White River out (pictured right). Take a peek at this report from Jim Porter, who loves fishing the White. His description is quite accurate. It begins up in the Ozarks as a clear mountain stream with aqua water in deep places. But after it leaves the Ozarks into the flat ground of eastern Arkansas, it turns murky and even muddy in places.

The interesting thing in Jim's report is that usually, one wants to stay OFF a stream when its flooding. But he says that seems to be a good time to catch bass. Interesting, but somehow I don't think I'll try it. I prefer calmer water.

No comments: