Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

I have been SO neglecting of this blog of late. And this post should have gone up first thing this morning instead of at nearly 3 P.M.

I want to wish all Moms out there a Happy Mother's Day. I am thankful to still have mine (pictured right) with me. She will be 90 next month. At her age, she has the usual aches and pains of old age plus some significant health challenges in the past couple of years, but she determinedly keeps pressing on. She loves the Lord and as she puts it, "never smoked a cigarette, never drank a drink and never danced a step." And it's done her well! I love her deeply.

So, here's to Moms all around the world. And here's what God's Word has to say on the subject:

A wise son makes a father glad, But a foolish man despises his mother (Proverbs 15:20).

No comments: