Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Trip Lee on Rap and Hip Hop

While Rap and Hip-Hop is not my musical cup of tea, I know many widely embrace it. Like all forms of music and entertainment, it has its good side and its bad side.

I think you'll enjoy this post by William Lee Barefield III, known otherwise in the Rap world as Trip Lee. Trip is preparing for pastoral ministry through Boyce College, but has also released several Christian-themed Rap/Hip-Hop recordings. His discussion of the problems in some of the genre's lyrics and lifestyles of the performers is honest, forthright, and reflects an earnest desire to point the way to Christ.

Please pray for this young man as he tries to shine the light of the Gospel into what can be a very dark place.

1 comment:

Cindy Swanson said...

My daughter is a huge Trip Lee fan, and I even enjoy some of his raps. These young men are speaking the truth in a language we can't begin to speak. Pray for them indeed!