Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Throwback Report: Wood Tennis Raquets

I am sure by now that most people who read my blog (that is, when I manage to get up a post) know that I'm an incorrigible throwback. Give me a Royal manual typewriter and I'm a happy camper. I might even be induced to use an old dip pen and inkwell. Seriously.

When I was younger, I used to play some tennis, and it irritated me to no end when I couldn't find wooden tennis racquets. If you're like me and wondered where they went, I found the answer for us. 

I salute Bjorn Borg for making a statement by using a wood racket as described by the article. Good for him! 

And don't even get me started on synthetic bowling alleys. I despise them. It feels like you're bowling on countertop. Give me wood. Real wood. I wouldn't even mind someone in back manually setting the pins.


No comments: