Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Looking for an Old Children's Anthology

Ever had a book that you read in your childhood over and over? You read it so much it began to fall apart? You can see the book in your mind's eye - even some of the design elements and the blue cover, but you can't remember the title of the anthology, the publisher, or anything else to identify it.

You try typing in specific stories that you remember were in it, such as Rapunzel, Rumpelstiltskin, The Emperor's New Clothes, Snow White, and a host of others. In one such Google search, the book to the right came up, but it's the wrong cover and wrong color. I don't remember Tolkien being in the anthology I am seeking.

It's driving me crazy. I'm going to have to go hunting at antique stores and poring through the book section. I just might find it eventually.

After all, I found a Hull Pottery mixing bowl my Mom had in my youth - the same exact design. I was stunned, and was glad to pay the $30 cost for it. I keep Mom's original put up safe, and we use the replacement I bought. Now I have to find the yellow one!

No comments: