Saturday, July 12, 2014

Internet Service: Enough Already!

Short rant today, but one I am sure will get a loud "Ja Wohl!:" I am tired, beyond tired, of internet/email provider outages. More than that, I am tired of "rebooting."

I've had email at the office. Rarely any trouble there. But at home, oh, ho. Totally different question. I've had Aero, I've had T-6, and now I'm trying Dish Network internet. I do live in a rural area, but only 8 miles from a town of 30,000. I can never rely on having a connection, and with my international job, having a reliable internet/email connection is vital.

I can't tell you how irritating the constant outages are. Call customer services, and when you're done waiting on hold, they take you through the same shaboo. Try rebooting the router. Try rebooting the modem. Unplug your power. Oh, that's not working? So sorry. It appears to be a problem at the tower. Techs on the way. That is unless you need a tech at your house. Depend on a three-week wait. The techs are busy elsewhere.

I just signed up for DISH internet in hopes of solving this nonsense. I've had it a week, and I've had to do at least five reboots of both the DISH box and my router. You would think in this day and age of technology, they would figure a way where this was no longer necessary.

If Ma Bell could give you a non-interruptable line coast to coast in the 1950s, they ought to be able to fix wireless computer technology to the point that this tiresome "rebooting" is no longer necessary. Even rebooting doesn't always work, and I'm dead in the water until the techs find the solution.

This is ridiculous, and I am tired of it. Give me Ma Bell back. I could depend on her.

No comments: